Week 1

 The blog template I used was chosen for a reason.

          One of those reasons is because it involves the color blue and the water. I am in love with both of those aspects. I am a born and raised California girl so anything that resembles the beach is something I am already in love with. Blue also happens to be my favorite color. As the writer of this blog I feel like the template should be helpful insight on what kind of person I am. A lover of the water and an often beach-goer is a big part of my life. In addition to that I enjoy the colors and how it is not too dark or not too bright. It drew my attention in a subtle way rather than maybe blinding the eye immediately with a yellow or pink or something of that nature. The blue and the water is my favorite choice.

          The other factor for choosing this blog template is that when people think of the beach most of the time it is a relaxing image. To dive a little deeper, besides being a typical California girl, I look at the ocean as something very peaceful as well and I believe my personality is somewhat calm and carefree. I like to think that this laid back visual that I chose will reflect not only myself but the way I write. I consider myself to be a very calm person and not someone to stress too often so I believe that will be reflected in my writing and the theme of my whole blog.
   
          In the last paragraph I mentioned how MOST of the time people look at the beach with a relaxing image in their heads. The other part that is less common but still applicable to what I'm going for in my blog is that the ocean is adventurous. I also consider myself an adventurous person. I love trying new things and doing activities like surfing and jet skiing. I think that is the other part that describes who I am as the writer. I want the readers to have that idea in mind simply by looking at the page that this blog is going to be laid back but still interesting and something new worth trying.

          Lastly, even the font has purpose. The theme of everything I have said is that I would like what is seen to reflect me. The font is something that describes me because my handwriting is like that. Obvioulsy it is far less perfect but the style of subtle cursive is what I would describe my handwriting as.  Just like the laid back vibe that I mentioned earlier I believe that handwriting goes with the theme of that. I would consider the font the cherry on top to go perfectly with the visual behind it. 
   
That is why I love the design of my blog and I am looking forward to starting this blogging journey. 

Comments

  1. I love warm colors. I was raised here too and Im a water sign and always am drawn more towards blues. My house has a ton of ble accents. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely get the beach / laid back vibe. Your use of the cursive display font for the main headings is strong and done perfectly, not overdone. Really well done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11 Part 1

Week 3 Part 1

Week 10 Part 1